Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My power week - Part 4

(Please start at part 1 if you haven't.)

Thursday 2/5/09
Thursday was another day that I had an encounter with someone that I was showing an apartment to. I was showing the apartment to a grandma, mom and child. The apartment was for the mom and child and the grandma had a cane. As soon as I saw this I said, “Alright God, here we go!” After showing them the apartment I pulled out an application and as I was talking to them I realized that this lady did not have enough income for the apartment to meet our requirements. I tried everything I could think of so that this lady could get the apartment but there just wasn’t enough income. And all this time my excitement level was getting lower and lower. I would say that even my faith got lower.

So when I ran out of things to try, we said goodbye and they started to walk down the street. At that moment I remembered that they pulled up in a taxi and that they just lived a short distance across town. So I asked them how they were getting home and they said that they were going to walk to the store and call a cab. At this point I am thinking, “Oh that’s real great; the grandma with a cane walking four blocks to the store and then standing there waiting for a cab to show up. So I offered them a ride and they accepted. On the way to their house I said, “If you don’t mind me asking, what is the cane for?” She responded by saying, “Well you are going to laugh at me, but Christmas of 2005 (three years ago) I was waiting at the front doors of Wal-Mart for them to open and when they opened the doors I got knocked over and tore the ligament in my knee.” She continued saying, “The worst part is that I have to have surgery on it but can’t because I live on the third floor and if I had the surgery I would not be able to get out of bed for six months to a year and I have no one who can take care of me.”

So I explained that I am a Christian and that I have seen a lot of people healed by God lately and that I would like to pray for her. She kind of gave me the old-yes you can pray for me as soon as I leave. To which I said the magic seven words, “Can I pray for you right now.” She accepted. I prayed and asked how her knee felt. She told me that she wouldn’t know until she got out of the car. I asked if she would mind if I got out of the car with her to see how it was and she said that it would be ok. So we both got out of the car and she started to test it out. With a very puzzled look on her face (remember to always look at the face not the injury) she said, “It really feels better.” I asked if it was 100% better. It wasn’t so I prayed again. This time she started walking without her cane. I asked her if she was able to walk without the cane before and she said no. We praised God and she went in her apartment with a miracle from God.

After this I was totally pumped up. I went back to the office and as I was getting out of the car I saw a gentleman walking down the street and I knew he was going to ask me for money. I had already decided that I was going to give him money but I also thought, “If I am going to give you some money, you are going to humor me for a minute. So of course he asked me for money and I started to tell him about Jesus. I got to pray for him. He had just gotten out of jail and was faced with some serious depression. I got the privilege to pray for the depression to be broken off, for hope in his life and to release God’s love on him. As I was praying I noticed that his eye was a little yellow and a watery. When I brought it up he said that he had surgery on his eyes when he was a kid and now they were very sensitive to light. I prayed for his eyes and he wasn’t healed but I know that he had an encounter with God.

Friday 2/6/09
Friday was coming to a close and I hadn’t prayed for anybody yet. I was waiting for Lauren to get finished with work, sitting in my car with the window half way down, playing on my iPhone. When all of a sudden this guy walks up to the car, speaking broken English, who needs $1.80 for bus fare. My first reaction is “Just go away. Can’t you see that I am playing Superball 2?” You know…that godly reaction again. Then God hit me over the head and I woke up. All of a sudden I had that thought again, “If I am going to give you some money, you are going to humor me for a few minutes.” So I got out of the car. I start talking to him and find out his name is Andy. He just starts opening up to me, telling me about how his parents split up, and his dad remarried and was never there for him, and how he is a 32 year old man still living at home battling depression. I began prophesying over him about how he is the son of a King, which makes him a prince and about how much God loves him. And then I got to pray for him. Man, that was a power encounter. When I was finished both Andy and I had tears in our eyes, and he gave me a huge hug and said, “Thank you, Dan. Thank you.” And he started walking backwards saying Thank you over and over. That was awesome. I did however loose my game of Superball 2…but it was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment