Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My power week - Part 3

(Please start at part 1 if you haven't.)

Tuesday 2/3/09
So on Tuesday Nathan and I were going to go out on a treasure hunt but he ended up having a fever and not being able to. The real catch for me was in the morning I was praying and I saw a picture of myself praying for a neck problem of one of the people who worked at Lalos restaurant. I now had a decision to make, do I stay home and watch Heroes or do I go for it on my own? I went for it. After a short worship session in my car outside of Lalos I went in. As I walked in the lady asked me if I needed a table for one, to which I said, “No. Actually this might sound a little weird but is there by chance anyone that works here that has any kind of neck or throat pain or sickness?” She looked at me like I was a nutter and told me she didn’t think so but asked why. So told her what I was doing and she told me that she would check with her manager.

I have to be honest. I thought I would have been kicked out by this point, but I am still there. So the manager came to the front door where I was and I explained everything to her. When I was done asking her she said, “No there is not anyone who I can think of but you know what is strange…” (Oh boy do I like that line.) “…I was at the dentist this morning and there was a guy doing exactly what you are doing, praying for people to be healed.” I thought that was crazy. So we talked a while and I got to share a bit about Jesus and how cool He is. She told me about her mother-in-law who is in Mexico and has cancer. I prayed for her mother-in-law and left.

I have to say; I am amazed at how open people are once you say you are a Christian. I feel like I have heard more life stories and intimate details about people’s lives. People are just hungry.

Wednesday 2/4/09
For those of you who don’t know, I am a leasing agent for a property management company. So a large part of my job is showing apartments. On Wednesday I had a 5 pm appointment and so at 5:15 pm when I am still sitting in front of the building waiting, I’m getting very mad. I’m thinking things like, “If this person was on time I could be home by now.” The gentleman finally shows up. As we are walking up to the building he asks if this is the apartment that is on the third floor, to which I responded yes. He said, “Well I guess my knee will be ok if this is just a short term lease.” Instantly I said to myself, there’s not a chance am I praying for this guy, he was late. He deserves to be in pain. You know, it was one of those real godly reactions.

So all the way up the three flights of stairs I am having an internal battle with God. It’s no big shock that by the time we got to the top of the stairs I gave in and said, “Fine God. I will pray for him.” As soon as I said this, all of my anger left and I felt a peace come over me. I ended up finding out that he was a chaplain and I got to pray for him. He did not get healed but I think I stretched his faith a little bit that day. More than that, God freed me from my own personal junk. Ever since that day, I have had much more patience for people and in general felt God’s peace in a new way. All because I lost an argument with God.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment