Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tattoos on Fingers

Dan and I went out on a little 'treasure hunt' (asking God for clues to help lead us to His treasures: those who need to hear about his Love, be healed, encouraged, etc.) Thursday night. We have a lot of clues, but were not really finding any. One of my clues was "tattoos on fingers," and one of Dan's clues was for a location: 7-11. This was our last stop, and while we'd been pretty bold for most of the night, we'd not really found anyone who specifically matched our clues. Then at 7-11, Dan spotted a store employee cleaning one of the coffee stations who just happened to have tattoos on several of his fingers.

We struck up a conversation with the man and learned his name was Hugo. I showed him my treasure map with the tattoo clue, and he was visibly surprised. Then Dan had a word of knowledge that he suffered from back pain. Hugo said he did have back pain regularly, but not at that specific moment. He did however, have a swollen thumb with a black nail that has been caused by being slammed in a car door. We asked if we could pray, and Hugo said sure. Dan opened up with prayers for his back and asked that Jesus Christ heal his back and repair anything that was out of whack.

Then I decided to pray for his thumb. I started praying, and I felt God direct me to put my finger tips very near his thumb; not touching it, but as close as possible. As I did this, I felt my fingers tips get very hot, and felt that heat transfer to Hugo's thumb. I prayed, and when I was done, I asked Hugo "Did you just feel that heat?"

"Yeah!" he said, and I could tell that again, he was very surprised. Then I felt God giving me a prophetic word for him. As I talked, I saw he was totally engaged and that the words were drawing him out. The Lord was loving him in that moment, reassuring him that he was not a castaway, not a screw-up. That he was a son and that his Father loved him. There were some specific details that he seemed to relate to, and so when I was done with the word, Dan had the insight to ask Hugo if the words made sense.

"Totally," he said. Dan then reinforced that it was because of God's goodness and His love for him that he had given me those words. Then I told Hugo that God was working on his thumb: that tomorrow he would be able to move it, and that in seven days the color would return to the nail and that he wouldn't have to lose the fingernail. I'm not sure what he thought about that, but when we left, he was visibly more at peace than when we arrived.

I plan to go back to 7-11 in a week's time and see how Hugo's thumb is doing, as well as again let him know that his Father loves him. I will post again once that happens and provide an update.

1 comment: