Saturday, May 2, 2009

This happened about a month ago so I am so sorry I am sitting down to write you just now.

I came home in the middle of the day to find my neighbor Jerry (in his 50/60s) raking leaves. I said "hello" and we started chatting when at some point during the conversation he told me that he was in pain because of an old rotator cuff injury. He was hoping that the physical exercise might help since he is a trucker and never really uses his arm. I asked him if I could pray for him and he agreed. His pain was at a "10". I barely got "Holy spirit come ..." out of my mouth when he asked me what religion I was. I told him I was a Christian and then he joked that he was converting to Islam because "they cut your hands off if you steal something". He then told me that he grew up Catholic but didn't really have any kind of faith. I replied, "Catholic? Oh good, then you have heard of the Holy Spirit". I started praying and you could see a look of surprise begin to emerge on his face. When I checked in with him he said he no longer felt any pain. I pressed him because I wanted to make sure the pain was completely gone. He said he could feel some stiffness so I prayed again. Before I could finish my prayer he said, "Margaret . . . you are freaking me out!" He said he was at a "0". At this point he started moving his arm around and wondering out loud if the exercise/raking had in fact helped him. You could tell he was in amazement and disbelief. At that point I pressed him again and he said, "there is absolutely no pain. I still don't have full mobility or rotation but that will never go away". I told him that God wasn't done with him yet and prayed again. Then he said, "Margaret! If this works, I am going to give you my Porsche!" "What church did you say you go to?" "Margaret, I think I need to go to church with you!"

I wanted to pray one last time but he wanted to test it out a little so I walked my dog and then came back. He was feeling so great that He offered me his Porsche again :) I prayed one last time and then this time he said, "Margaret, this time when you prayed I could feel a short, intense throbbing and then relief" At this point I could see that my neighbor was thoroughly freaked out so I bid him goodbye and went back to work. When I got to work I knew the power was flowing so I went in search of my secretary who has deafness in one ear. She wasn't there that day. When I asked the other secretary where she was I could see that she was in pain and her eyes were teary. I asked her what was wrong and she anxiously questioned back, "Is this where your appendix is?" She had been in intense abdominal pain that morning and didn't know why. I told her that I knew I was supposed to pray for someone at work, took her into a different room and prayed for her. She said the same thing that Jerry said when God completely took the pain away, "Margaret, you are freaking me out". I went into my next appointment at work and in the middle of the hour my left upper arm started throbbing. My muscles felt spastic and like they were about to burst out my arm. It was quite uncomfortable. I asked the Lord if I was supposed to pray for someone else and he said, "No, I just wanted you to know that I am still working on Jerry's arm" It was my left arm that was throbbing, the same side as Jerry's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment