Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Currency of Heaven is Risk

It's been a while since I've been out on a Tuesday night and it was great to get back out. I don't know why there always seems to be a bit of shy-ness, human nature I guess. So the things that that I remind myself are (1)I have something valuable to offer to people that they might not have the chance to receive tonight if I don't offer it and (2) they aren't rejecting me, they are rejecting God - makes me feel sad, but is also freeing, ya know? So we went out there and started interacting with people, taking risks, being bold (and gentle) to approach and it was amazing. By the end of the night I felt alive in a way I haven't for quite a while, and was acutely aware of God's pleasure in my taking risks to show His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment